We are really excited to be introducing our new community forums. With the introduction of our Flarum-based community forums, we will have a new centerpiece to community engagement that provides us with the user experience and flexibility we’ve long desired.
With Flarum, we’ve been able to:
- Introduce a better support medium with functionality like Best Answers to highlight the best answer from the Team or the Community.
- Enable a more personalized user experience by having custom social media badges on your profiles and user-enabled dark mode.
- Enable multiple login methods so you don’t need yet another account. Our support login methods include our Development Tracker, GitHub, and traditional username / email + password.
- Enable two-factor authentication, which supports any authentication application that supports TOTP.
Flarum also provides us some fancy things like:
- More flexibility in how we organize our discussions, with support for primary and secondary tags.
- Availability of user-created extensions for media embedding, custom reactions, discussion necrobump warnings, and more.
Flarum enables us to follow through with our commitment to improving community engagement and providing a new avenue for people to:
- Provide feedback on documentation, our website, and more.
- Report issues ranging from packaging to hardware issues, that can be further escalated to Phabricator if necessary.
- Engage with other community members, showcase their artworks / wallpapers, etc.
- Engage with the Team on announcements, whether that’s coming from our cross-posted blog posts or future Activity Hub-based.
So check it out and start engaging at https://discuss.getsol.us. We would love to hear your feedback here.