Hello! I am new to Solus (actually to the Linux idea). I am considering changing from Windows 10 to Solus because I am having an unsolved problem with latency on my brand new notebook. High DPC latency, ndis.sys to blame (according to LatencyMon) and I tried everything internet offered as solution but nothing worked. The symptons are mouse and software micro-freeze and stuttering.
So I was thinking if changing to Linux could solve the problem. Actually I always wanted to change to Linux but because I play some AAA games that wasn't an option. But now I am reading that gaming on Linux has improved and that I could play some games like Fallout 4 and Witcher 3.
So here are my initial questions:
1) This is the most important thing: Could I solve high DPC issues using Linux? Since this is a driver problem ( I don't think it is hardware) , does Linux drivers could solve this issue?
2) How exactly could I play those mentioned games on Solus? I know that it uses WINE and Steam app to run them but how can I make it work?
3) What about the options of having Solus on one HD and Windows on another for the time I want to play games that doesn't have good performance on Linux? Or is it better to dual boot? I am reading that W10 updates sometimes break dual boot.
4) How is the support to Lenovo Nerve Center? I use this to speed up my fans on heavy gaming, start keyboard light, etc. Or if there is an alternative to this.
5) I have a GTX 1060 GPU, does it work well on Solus?