spider910

Really happy with Solus!

Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:11 pm

Hey everyone!

Just a quick bit of feedback I wanted to give to the developers.

1) The USB headset on my PC works, which is amazing to me, since I had tried in previous distros to get it to work, but sadly I was unable to do so for one reason or another. I had a situation today where I needed to use my mic, and so tried it (out of desperation more than anything else), and it worked, once I'd changed the relevant settings in the sidebar.

2) A program I need to use on a regular basis (Zoom, which is a conference call program) had been giving me Linux related headaches for a while now, and I was about to give up, and install Windows on a side partition or virtual machine just to get this 1 program to work, but it worked in this distro, with no glitches at all, unlike every other distro I've tried in the past.

Thanks for giving me the tools I need to make my computers a Windows free zone.

Ferre

Re: Really happy with Solus!

Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:10 pm

The same goes for me : this distro gives me all I need from a distro. Everything I needed really works on it, completely flawless :)
Been running it now for a couple of weeks and this is a keeper ! Ikey and team : VERY nice job !

dbarron

Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:13 am

I agree. I didn't even know about this distro till last night, but I installed it this morning and think I'll not be looking back at Ubuntu again.

Ercouper

Fri May 11, 2018 11:34 am

I too am very happy with Solus. It is the first distro that I've tried (20 some) that my Brother printer has worked immediately after install.
Overall I have found Solus to be everything that a distro should be and have yet to have a system error or problem of any kind.
Solus is definitely a keepeer!

PeterKot

Mon May 28, 2018 2:54 pm

I really like Budgie. Simple but not stupid. I am using Budgie with default settings so works for me out-of-the-box.
I like that I can open terminal from right click on desktop.
I love the wallpaper with ape holding baby ape. It just makes me smile :)
The same goes for using Solus. Don’t know why but it makes me happy when I use it.

Return to “General Chit-Chat”