DGMurdockIII

Dual monitor support

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:02 am

I would like some better features to make it easer for people to use dual monitor. Like for instance being able to easily extend the desktop to second screen and what not

sunnyflunk
Development Team

Re: Dual monitor support

Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:06 am

DGMurdockIII wrote:
I would like some better features to make it easer for people to use dual monitor. Like for instance being able to easily extend the desktop to second screen and what not
Dual monitor support will be greatly improved in Budgie 11. Check out the roadmap https://budgie-desktop.org/roadmap/

DGMurdockIII

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:24 pm

That is very good to hear

DMGrier

Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:28 pm

I second that, I currently run Solus on a laptop that hooks into a secondary monitor. Works pretty well other then when hooking up or unhooking them, Solus struggled with moving my desktop over.

Easy work around though is right click on the desktop and select setting's, then everything seems to work like it is suppose to. Though I am very excited to hear this will be getting some attention in the next release.
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
- Linus Torvalds

smalltimer

Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:18 am

Couldn't agree more. I use it on my secondary machine at the moment and am in no doubt I will ditch eOS for Solus at some point even on my work machine. It's still got some small niggles though.

That said, the roadmap looks very nice. Very nice indeed...

quimera2325

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:09 pm

DGMurdockIII wrote:
If you still looking for a way to do this and running version 3. Try dconf Editor it should already be install and follow the location - "org/gnome/desktop/background/picture-options" and change Custom value to what you desire.

Return to “Ideas”