Akelun

Hello from France!

Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:26 pm

Hello everyone! And happy new year 2018, by the way! ^^

I'm Akelun, a 26 years old French. I started to use Linux a bit more than 6 years ago (end of 2011) because my Windows 7 could not be used any more (it was my fault, I precise... because I restaured it like if it was still a Windows XP ^^').

I started on a Linux Ubuntu (classic, for a beginner, I guess), but I found it really heavy with its Unity interface. So, I switched to Lubuntu rather fast. Later, I found and tryed other distributions like Cubuntu (what a bad choice), Crunchbang (RIP), Linux Mint (for me, the best distribution for someone who really begins in Linux... even if Solus here is a very great opponent), Elementary OS (very great design, but not very... effective to work on), Manjaro (Not bad, but it was a lot slower than Solus) and then, I came with Solus.

And there is nothing to say, except that I'm keen on giving a big thumb up to the team behind the project. I'm really happy with Solus. Fast, effective, simple, easy... And in rolling release. What can I ask more for a personnal use, seriously?

Actually, I'd say that I am in a rank between beginner / intermediate, as a Linux user. After all, I used it mostly to keep going on Internet and making art with softwares like Blender, Krita, Gimp, MyPaint... So... I learnt and improved in everything needed to install and keep updated a Linux distribution (mostly thanks to Crunchbang, when this distribution was still living), but I'm not an expert, for sure.

Now, though, I bought a new computer... 100% compatible with Linux theorically, but I could need some help now to install Solus in dual boot with Windows 10. So... that's the biggest reason why I registered in. I'll probably make another post in the "installation" topic to explain it in a more detailed way.

Thank's for everyone who will welcome me and sorry for any eventual English mistakes (I'm french, and my English is probably not perfect XP).

Evertson

Re: Hello from France!

Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:00 pm

Bienvenue and welcome from Holland.

Evertson

ace66130

Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:27 pm

A quand une section forum française :lol: Bienvenue et bonne année ....
Hp Pro 600 G1 - Solus Budgie

kyrios

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:58 pm

Bonjour la france !

Michiel

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:57 pm

Bienvenue et votre usage d'anglais (tres bien!) est mieux que ce que j'essaie en francais ;-)

Salut des Pays-Bas

Michiel

solusien

Re : Bonjour de France !

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:08 pm

Good evening.

Bonne et heureuse année 2018 à toi également.

Welcome to the forum. You'll see, we're already a few French people.
Have a good time with Solus.
Laptop : Lenovo Thinkpad T430
CPU Intel Core i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz - RAM 8 Go - GPU Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 - SSD Corsair Neutron Series XTi 240 Go

Akelun

Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:54 pm

Hello and thank's everyone for welcoming me! I'm glad to see the Solus community is this active (and that I'm not the only French there. XP)

Devil505

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:50 am

Bienvenue :D

Passez sur le groupe francophone telegram à l'occasion ;)

Akelun

Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:05 am

Je n'utilise pas Telegram. Je suis plutôt Discord pour ma part. XP
Je le trouve meilleur pour gérer les groupes.

Mais merci pour l'invitation. Si jamais je change d'avis concernant Telegram, je saurais où aller. ^^

Return to “Introduce Yourself”