solus123456asdf

hello/I switched back to Debian

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:30 am

I've used solus at home for well over a year and was also using it for my work laptop and desktop.

Then slowly I just started to miss things from debian. While I could use solus 100% at work and home it just hasn't felt right. The little things were starting to bug me.

First I switched back to gnome on all three, then my desktop at home rolled back to testing/sid for a clean start with steam.

Then before the Australia day long weekend I did both my PCs at work making me 100% Debian again.

I really like what solus does but I don't think I'm ready to leave my old flame for good. It's actually kind of sad. I'll get into budgie 11 when it's out and see of that wool convert me again.

Thanks for having me solus community. This was the first distro I used seriously besides Debian since I switched from Ubuntu in 2005.

kyrios

Re: hello/I switched back to Debian

Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:01 am

solus123456asdf wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:30 am
I've used solus at home for well over a year and was also using it for my work laptop and desktop.

Then slowly I just started to miss things from debian. While I could use solus 100% at work and home it just hasn't felt right. The little things were starting to bug me.

First I switched back to gnome on all three, then my desktop at home rolled back to testing/sid for a clean start with steam.

Then before the Australia day long weekend I did both my PCs at work making me 100% Debian again.

I really like what solus does but I don't think I'm ready to leave my old flame for good. It's actually kind of sad. I'll get into budgie 11 when it's out and see of that wool convert me again.

Thanks for having me solus community. This was the first distro I used seriously besides Debian since I switched from Ubuntu in 2005.
The most important is that you find the distro that fits your needs. If you are fine with Debian, go for Debian of course !
And if you want to jump back into Solus when Budgie 11 will be available, you'll be welcome again ! :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”