dooshpastesh

Hi guys!

Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:37 pm

My name is Adam and I live in Europe ;). I se myself as intermediate linux user (5+ years maybe, I know where to find answers) and I'm addicted distro hopper. I usually jump between RR distros. My laptop is just a toy for games and usual stuff (Asus UX410UA). During hopping I usually get back to openSUSE (technically the best) or Manjaro (the most tunable) and Elementary OS (the purest and prettiest). This time my boat sailed here and I must say that I'm really impressed!! I think that Solus will join my podium because it is a mix of them and:
- Only distro that squeeze my intel HD graphics by working game mode
- Extremely fast boot and interface
- Repo that fit my needs
- rolling..
-..and stable (clean journalctl is my addiction)!
-Independent.
- much more small things that makes one big point

There are some thing that I miss form other distros and I wish them here:
- Btrfs with snapshots (because I like to break things! I'm active tweaker)
- kdeconnect/Gsconnect thing
-that's all!
- Maybe windows overview and hot corners? (for budgie, I like gnome but now it is unusable with their performance).

Best wishes for this project. For me it is as good as big ones.
Solus of course!

Solonyan

Re: Hi guys!

Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:03 pm

Welcome to the forum Adam.
I'm also new here so welcome to me as well :)

SoulsProject

Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:39 am

Actually kconnect is available - search for kde connect. Unfortunately it comes with a huge qt stack. Therefor gsconnect would be neat but I don't know how mature it is.

Missing some kind of snapshot system or tool especially on a rolling release distro.

Also hoping for hot corners. Now that Ikey is gone.. :twisted:
Solus 3 on a Acer C720 Chromebook

kyrios

Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:29 am

SoulsProject wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:39 am
Actually kconnect is available - search for kde connect. Unfortunately it comes with a huge qt stack. Therefor gsconnect would be neat but I don't know how mature it is.

Missing some kind of snapshot system or tool especially on a rolling release distro.

Also hoping for hot corners. Now that Ikey is gone.. :twisted:

Except that since Solus 3, ISO's are not simple snapshots anymore :
Unlike the previous iterations, however, this is a release and not a snapshot. We’ve now moved away from the “regular snapshot” model to accommodate the best hybrid approach possible - feature rich releases with explicit goals and technology enabling, along with the benefits of a curated rolling release operating system.

SoulsProject

Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:03 am

@kyrios
Didn't want to focus on the rolling thingy or ISOs but on a fallback system or tool when updates screw up your system.
Solus 3 on a Acer C720 Chromebook

Return to “Introduce Yourself”