ocean77

Norwegian Translation

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:30 pm

Usually I find that the norwegian translation in various Linux distros seem somewhat lacking and inconsistent, which leads me to install the english version to avoid cringing. I'd be willing to have a go at translating for Solus, but I don't know how to go about it.

Nobody11211

Re: Norwegian Translation

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:39 pm

ocean77 wrote:
Usually I find that the norwegian translation in various Linux distros seem somewhat lacking and inconsistent, which leads me to install the english version to avoid cringing. I'd be willing to have a go at translating for Solus, but I don't know how to go about it.
I know the feeling :) . That's why i also stick to English. About translations, the localization process is done in transifex: https://www.transifex.com/solus-project/public/

Ask for the permission to translate/check all three components to your own language... and your translation will be included into the distribution at some point in the future.

kyrios

Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:50 pm

ocean77 wrote:
The link given above is for Solus stuffs (Software center, Brisk Menu, ...). There is another transifex link for Budgie desktop here.

Thanks for helping improving Solus !!! :D

ocean77

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:50 pm

Actually, this seems like it's decently translated already. There's only a couple of words and phrases I'd like to change. That was refreshing. :)

Return to “Engagement”