megaxenon

Norwegian language missing

Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:04 pm

Very happy with Solus, but after submitting the error to the developers 6 months ago this still is not fixed.

When installing Solus there is no option to choose "NORSK BOKMÅL" only "NORSK NYNORSK"
After having installed Solus with Norsk Nynorsk and rebooted i have the option to change language to "NORSK BOKMÅL"
These two languages are relatively different, and the majority of the Norwegian people use BOKMÅL as their main language, so would really be nice if this would be fixed. Small issue, but still.

kyrios

Re: Norwegian language missing

Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:42 pm

megaxenon wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:04 pm
Very happy with Solus, but after submitting the error to the developers 6 months ago this still is not fixed.

When installing Solus there is no option to choose "NORSK BOKMÅL" only "NORSK NYNORSK"
After having installed Solus with Norsk Nynorsk and rebooted i have the option to change language to "NORSK BOKMÅL"
These two languages are relatively different, and the majority of the Norwegian people use BOKMÅL as their main language, so would really be nice if this would be fixed. Small issue, but still.
Reference task : https://dev.getsol.us/T7000

FWIW: At the very end of the last blog post it is said
The Installer will see some love in 2019, whether that’s in the form of improvements to the current implementation or the re-write of the Installer entirely. Some notable improvements we’re looking for is OEM installer mode and better UEFI handling.
So when the work on the installer starts, you may want to post a comment on the task to give it some visibility
Troubleshooting Guide | Package Requests / Update | Bug Tracker
I don't read private messages

Return to “Installation”