dlalinsp

Nautilus Crashes

Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:26 pm

Sometimes, I can't access nautilus, after I minimize it, through the bottom panel. I have to restart it to use the icon in the bottom panel. Any help is appreciated.

kyrios

Re: Nautilus Crashes

Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:03 pm

dlalinsp wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:26 pm
Sometimes, I can't access nautilus, after I minimize it, through the bottom panel. I have to restart it to use the icon in the bottom panel. Any help is appreciated.
Make sure your system is up-to-date and check the packages.
https://solus-project.com/articles/trou ... ooting/en/
Troubleshooting Guide | Package Requests / Update | Bug Tracker
I don't read private messages

dlalinsp

Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:40 pm

Sorry for the late reply. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Lalin.

dlalinsp

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:39 am

I tried what you told me, kyrios. Still doesn't work. The bottom panel nautilus icon still crashes when I minimize nautilus. ( The article on troubleshooting didn't help me out and my system is up-to-date.)

NOTE:- I am talking about the Budgie DE.

Please help ASAP. It's pretty annoying! :x
Thanks.

deathxxx

Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:12 am

On me, there is no problem. Maybe you have something not fully compatible in hardware, or some element are faulty.
For my friend, Budgie DE was starting to freeze when change resolution to max, that monitor support. I think was 4k.
Hardware is enough for this, but keep crashing. Then he try Solus Gnome, and no more crashes.
If i think more, i remember that, nautilus crash rare, when i navigate to different folders and then back couple times, then forward couple times(i use arrows to get back and forward), and nautilus crashes(just exit). Then i need to reopen again. That happens with Ubuntu's Nautilus too. Try fast navigate and back from different destinations, and you will see that, nautilus cannot hold much, then will crash. I need to do that, when i need see something in different folders and copy/modify something from different locations, like 5-6 subfolders, maybe 10 sometimes.

dlalinsp

Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:25 am

Thanks for the tip.

Return to “Development”