OsDictator

Home, bring me home!!! Software Center

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:24 pm

I have seen that you want suggestions on software center posted on github. So I went to git-hub, to see if others posted my request. On github I find a post from Feb 18, 2017, with no comments https://github.com/solus-project/solus-sc/issues/69. Is it custom to not get a reply on github requests, or has it got something to do with time available, that it is simply not possible to respond to all requests?

My idea/request, like the one on github, is to have the home-button bring me home, i.e. the root of the software catagories. It was the first thing I noticed, trying Solus a little under a year ago. In my opinion it breaks consistency with everything I am used to in UI-design.

If this is to banal, or not the kind of feedback you are looking for, let me know.

Keep up the good and interesting work you do with Solus.

kyrios

Re: Home, bring me home!!! Software Center

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:45 pm

OsDictator wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:24 pm
I have seen that you want suggestions on software center posted on github. So I went to git-hub, to see if others posted my request. On github I find a post from Feb 18, 2017, with no comments https://github.com/solus-project/solus-sc/issues/69. Is it custom to not get a reply on github requests, or has it got something to do with time available, that it is simply not possible to respond to all requests?

My idea/request, like the one on github, is to have the home-button bring me home, i.e. the root of the software catagories. It was the first thing I noticed, trying Solus a little under a year ago. In my opinion it breaks consistency with everything I am used to in UI-design.

If this is to banal, or not the kind of feedback you are looking for, let me know.

Keep up the good and interesting work you do with Solus.
Just add a comment on the github post to show there is interest for this issue.

OsDictator

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:04 pm

kyrios wrote:
That would be an other account for me to manage, and I am a kind of lazy. I guess those comments on github is kind of a list of nice to have-features you will eventually look at, when time permits. Home not bringing me home is not the end of the world, but I am curious to know if it is this way by design and if so, why? If not, in good design it seems obvious to me since it is a lot of clicks to get back to the main categories when browsing. But I believe you are aware of this, and have ranked its importance.

kyrios

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:33 pm

OsDictator wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:04 pm
kyrios wrote:
That would be an other account for me to manage, and I am a kind of lazy. I guess those comments on github is kind of a list of nice to have-features you will eventually look at, when time permits. Home not bringing me home is not the end of the world, but I am curious to know if it is this way by design and if so, why? If not, in good design it seems obvious to me since it is a lot of clicks to get back to the main categories when browsing. But I believe you are aware of this, and have ranked its importance.
I don't think it is meant to work like this. The software center will be reworked for Solus 4, some screenshots were published on the social networks a few months ago. I suppose the issue list will be reviewed at that time, but of course the very little annoyances have a very low priority and if nobody else complains...
Actually the code is open, I might be wrong but I guess it shouldn't be that hard to fix, even for somebody with basic knowledge but that's a different topic.

OsDictator

Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:52 pm

kyrios wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:33 pm

...[ ]...

Actually the code is open, I might be wrong but I guess it shouldn't be that hard to fix, even for somebody with basic knowledge but that's a different topic.
Wink wink. I guess you are right, or perhaps there is some stupid little thing complicating the matter. But I would love if I had time to actually look at the code myself, to see if I understood any of it. It would be nice to contribute, and who knows...

Thank you for your reply.

Return to “Ideas”