madlev

Lenovo Ideapad 320 - Touchpad not working

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:56 pm

Last week i installed Solus in my laptop, but the touchpad not working. I updated the system and nothing happened
Is problem with the kernel or something else ?
Please help me

geoffrey.A

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 320 - Touchpad not working

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:31 am

If the laptop has a key combination (like Fn+F7) to toggle (enable) the touchpad . . . do that and then immediately reboot the computer. Log back in and then try the touchpad. That's essentially what I did with an Acer B117 Travelmate. If I toggle the touchpad off, and don't remember to re-enable it and shut down the laptop, then, when I restart the touchpad will not be recognized (requiring a toogle-in and immediate reboot).

Wilbert Bocanegra

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:11 pm

Yesterday I installed solus in my Lenovo ideapad 320-15AST and the same thing happens to me the touchpad does not work and the system stops working and I have to re-start the laptop.
What I can do?
help me, I want solus :(

imdad

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:51 pm

Hello, has anybody solved this problem? Touchpad is not working in my ideapad 320. But it works with usb mouse.
Please help.

imdad

Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:18 am

imdad wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:51 pm
Hello, has anybody solved this problem? Touchpad is not working in my ideapad 320. But it works with usb mouse.
Please help.
[Solved] Actually, the problem is solved by updating Solus. The new kernel 4.15.3 works perfectly. It is awesome. Thanks Solus and the community.

khartsam

Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:52 pm

Hello,

Same Issue.

I have a lenovo thinkpad yoga model 11e. Its a 2016 year model.

Same issue.

Also I have had issue with wifi disconnecting frequently, but will address that seperately once I have looked through the forms more.

At this point I am attempting to see how active these forums are since I am new'ish to linux, and would prefer to use Solus if possible.

There seems to be considerable number of people who had serious problems with Lenovo's on Linux 17.1 Ubuntu - they all were completely bricked out of bios..... and this became 'verified' problem in the groups... So I am taking some time to make reasonably sure I know what I am doing before I go tinkering too much.

khartsam

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:09 pm

I tried to download fresh install based on your previous comments that it is now working for you.
I do hope touch pad is resolved as I have the same issue as you and really want to try to use Solus as my daily driver.

I should also add here that after trying several things, I eventually did a reinstall of windows 10, and the touch pad worked flawlessly for a few moments.
Unfortunately after the solus updates started on my machine then touch pad was lost.

Other issue observed last night - checksum is not working on the new version for some reason.

khartsam

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:17 pm

appologies.... I realized after posting that the checksum comment could be cross threading ..... kind of new to forums and etiquette topics may at first breeze by me.

khartsam

Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:05 am

Update to Lenovo Touch Pad Not Working.

I now have checked with Linux Mint and Manjero (budgie) ----> Both of these allow me to use my touchpad with a Lenovo Laptop automatically.

I suspect it is something simple in solus, since I by chance did a reinstal of windows ( dual boot ) & this allowed me momentarily to have touch pad control.

Once the updates in solus however, it was again gone....

I will come back to visit this form, but will go to manjero for time being I think.

good luck

Return to “Hardware”