ChrisChinh

Face Unlock on Solus?

Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:54 pm

Hello everyone,

First of all, I just started using Solus, and so far I am loving it. I get 20 times more complements on my computer now than I did when it was running Windows. However, there is one thing that bothers me. I have a Dell Inspiron 17 7000 series, which comes with an IR camera for face unlock. I found some tutorials such as this one, https://github.com/Boltgolt/howdy, however it is for Ubuntu only. Any ideas for getting it to work with Solus? Thanks a ton in advance!

brent

Re: Face Unlock on Solus?

Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:41 am

I don't have an answer for you in a million years but it's a fascinating question.

You load Windows, you are post-bios, and some face scan thingy runs and verifies you before the desktop populates and the OS can run?
I really doubt you could partner this Dell camera program with Linux....but I wonder if there is something comparable in Snap?
Or get face scan out of your mind all together and find another pre-OS security protocol you can live with.
Sorry I got nothing, but this is one of those posts I can't wait to see the answer for.

Return to “General Chit-Chat”