kyrios

Re: improve the forum

Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:04 pm

tomandre wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:42 pm
This could attract people that are not experienced Linux user (like myself), and hopefully it does. Though... you run into a few problems, post something in the forum and you are told your post has to be approved first. By the time your post is approved, you could be long gone.

I do understand the potential irritation, but it's not very welcoming for new users. Maybe you could prove that you're actually using Solus - spammers wouldn't go through the hassle of installing the OS, just to post something. I don't know how that should work, just an idea - moving on, is a easy as typing "best linux distro" in your search box.

I don't see the relation between the operating system designed for everyone the post approval process on the forum.

The captcha & co solutions just don't work, so this process is the least worst solution. It's not the end of the world to have to wait maximum a few hours for the first posts approval also even if there is no immediate approval, it doesn't mean someone will quickly reply the post !
Last but not least, keep in mind that there are plenty of other means to reach the Solus team & community, there is also some troubleshooting documentation which answers many questions asked here. The forum is a space for the community to share and exchange, not a helpdesk.

Return to “Ideas”