Metr0id

Mame installed not showing up under games

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:03 am

Hi I am pretty new to Solus, I have installed the mame emulator from the software center and it is not showing up in the main menu ->"Games"

Than I thought why not open the terminal and type in "mame" and it worked :D but then I noticed an error message
~ $ mame [LUA ERROR] in run: /usr/share/mame/plugins/boot.lua:37: cannot open /home/my_user/.mame/plugins;/usr/share/mame/plugins: No such file or directory

Not sure what that means or if it is related to the fact that it is not showing up in the main menu under "Games"

kyrios

Re: Mame installed not showing up under games

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:39 am

Metr0id wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:03 am
Hi I am pretty new to Solus, I have installed the mame emulator from the software center and it is not showing up in the main menu ->"Games"

Than I thought why not open the terminal and type in "mame" and it worked :D but then I noticed an error message
~ $ mame [LUA ERROR] in run: /usr/share/mame/plugins/boot.lua:37: cannot open /home/my_user/.mame/plugins;/usr/share/mame/plugins: No such file or directory

Not sure what that means or if it is related to the fact that it is not showing up in the main menu under "Games"
there is no gui with mamie. But there should be a one graphical frontend that supports male in the repository

Metr0id

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:21 pm

Hi thanks for the tip I will try to find a graphical frontend for mame

kyrios

Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:14 pm

Metr0id wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:21 pm
Hi thanks for the tip I will try to find a graphical frontend for mame
There is attract

Return to “Other Questions”