testmonkey

More video timeout options in Power settings

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:33 pm

As of now, the dropdown doesn't allow the user to choose a timeout greater than 15 minutes. It seems to me that powers of 2 minutes would make more sense, or otherwise some other exponential base. In any event, the longest timeout should be at least on the order of the longest movie, maybe like 512 minutes. Infinity should still be a choice, but there should be something in between it, and 15.

jeois

Re: More video timeout options in Power settings

Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:11 am

I'm using a Budgie panel applet called Caffeine. Basically, you switch it on whenever you want to disable screen timeouts temporarily without changing the Power settings. There's also an input textbox which allows you to set the timer to any integer up to 1440 minutes.

Speaking of applets, my bottom Panel started to get cluttered after only adding 2 applets and showing the date, so I removed User Indicator and Notifications since their functionality is partially contained within Raven (but not completely). I wish there were more Raven applets, such as weather for example, so I woudn't need to use this unsupported 3rd party panel applet. I'm not complaining though because I'm getting what seems to be a great distro/desktop for free. It's fine the way it is, but a fool can wish... if only we could move some of this Panel stuff into Raven. I guess it's an "idea" for another thread, which probably already exists; sorry for getting slightly off-topic.

But yeah, budgie-caffeine-applet does what you want, and it's on the standard Solus repo.

kyrios

Re: More video timeout options in Power settings

Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:29 am

jeois wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:11 am
I'm using a Budgie panel applet called Caffeine. Basically, you switch it on whenever you want to disable screen timeouts temporarily without changing the Power settings. There's also an input textbox which allows you to set the timer to any integer up to 1440 minutes.

Speaking of applets, my bottom Panel started to get cluttered after only adding 2 applets and showing the date, so I removed User Indicator and Notifications since their functionality is partially contained within Raven (but not completely). I wish there were more Raven applets, such as weather for example, so I woudn't need to use this unsupported 3rd party panel applet. I'm not complaining though because I'm getting what seems to be a great distro/desktop for free. It's fine the way it is, but a fool can wish... if only we could move some of this Panel stuff into Raven. I guess it's an "idea" for another thread, which probably already exists; sorry for getting slightly off-topic.

But yeah, budgie-caffeine-applet does what you want, and it's on the standard Solus repo.
Search for the heading "Budgie"
https://solus-project.com/2018/08/10/summertime-solus/ :)

Return to “Ideas”