mrcappuccino
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:40 pm

Changing Lock Screen

Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:43 pm

Is there a way to make the Budgie lock screen like the login screen(slick-greeter). For some reason I just find slick greeter look way better. Thanks

sunnyflunk
Development Team
Posts: 3007
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:35 pm

Re: Changing Lock Screen

Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:47 pm

mrcappuccino wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:43 pm
Is there a way to make the Budgie lock screen like the login screen(slick-greeter). For some reason I just find slick greeter look way better. Thanks
Originally lightdm was used for the lock screen (so it was more consistent). However, it was much worse as a lock screen...

mrcappuccino
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:40 pm

Re: Changing Lock Screen

Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:57 am

sunnyflunk wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:47 pm
mrcappuccino wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:43 pm
Is there a way to make the Budgie lock screen like the login screen(slick-greeter). For some reason I just find slick greeter look way better. Thanks
Originally lightdm was used for the lock screen (so it was more consistent). However, it was much worse as a lock screen...
Is there a way to use lightdm for the lockscreen? Are there any plans on making a solus lockscreen, to replace the gnome one? And just for curiosity, what was wrong with lightdm as a lockscreen (it's fine to give a technical answer).

Thanks for replying

sunnyflunk
Development Team
Posts: 3007
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:35 pm

Re: Changing Lock Screen

Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:00 am

mrcappuccino wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:57 am
sunnyflunk wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:47 pm
mrcappuccino wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:43 pm
Is there a way to make the Budgie lock screen like the login screen(slick-greeter). For some reason I just find slick greeter look way better. Thanks
Originally lightdm was used for the lock screen (so it was more consistent). However, it was much worse as a lock screen...
Is there a way to use lightdm for the lockscreen? Are there any plans on making a solus lockscreen, to replace the gnome one? And just for curiosity, what was wrong with lightdm as a lockscreen (it's fine to give a technical answer).

Thanks for replying
It wasn't secure

Return to “Development”