sunnyflunk
Development Team

Re: Ethereum Mining?

Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:52 pm

bakano wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:54 pm
sunnyflunk wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:05 am
So apparently the mesa opencl would require some wrangling and not necessarily the best. So if you're wanting to do mining, you'll probably want the amdgpu-pro drivers
Ok cool, thanks for that info! Would there be some way to Force a program to recognize amdgpu-pro as "OpenCL," or is that not how it works? (as I do have amdgpu-pro installed)

-JMV
To my understanding, it needs an icd loader program which should be supplied with the driver. It's likely to install them on /etc where on solus they need to be in /usr/share

bakano

Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:12 am

sunnyflunk wrote:
bakano wrote:
sunnyflunk wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:05 am
So apparently the mesa opencl would require some wrangling and not necessarily the best. So if you're wanting to do mining, you'll probably want the amdgpu-pro drivers
Ok cool, thanks for that info! Would there be some way to Force a program to recognize amdgpu-pro as "OpenCL," or is that not how it works? (as I do have amdgpu-pro installed)

-JMV
To my understanding, it needs an icd loader program which should be supplied with the driver. It's likely to install them on /etc where on solus they need to be in /usr/share
So is it doable for me? I'm trying `grep -R icl`, but I'm getting the feeling that's not how I find said "icd loader program." I hope I'm not bugging you with this...

-JMV

sunnyflunk
Development Team

Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:23 am

bakano wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:12 am
sunnyflunk wrote:
bakano wrote:

-JMV
So is it doable for me? I'm trying `grep -R icl`, but I'm getting the feeling that's not how I find said "icd loader program." I hope I'm not bugging you with this...

-JMV

Code: Select all

cd /; find | grep icd
Possibly in a directory similar to vendors/OpenCL/ (not sure how many hours you'd get on that)

I would certainly hope that they include one

Piter

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:32 pm

At the moment I'm earning on the ETH platform(ethermium com). I think that Ethereum gave absolutely new opportunities to create decentralized
projects and start-ups based on blockbusters and smart contracts. Trade ERC 20. The main secret of the success of this standard is the work
based on smart contracts that were implemented in the blockbuster of the Etherium.

Return to “Other Questions”