schmoetz

Re: Solus installation live USB does not recognize/cannot use internal SSD

Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:42 pm

GPT then ext4.
Thanks for the answer, but that did not help for me. No matter how I partitioned my SSD with gparted (GPT + EXT4, GPT + installed Ubuntu, just GPT, MSDOS), Solus never found my internal SSD.

I could only install Solus to an external SSD and even that system (fully patched) could not find my internal drive.

Now I use Ubuntu Budgie, which worked right away. I hope it will work some day as Solus made a really good impression.

kyrios

Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:33 pm

schmoetz wrote:
GPT then ext4.
Thanks for the answer, but that did not help for me. No matter how I partitioned my SSD with gparted (GPT + EXT4, GPT + installed Ubuntu, just GPT, MSDOS), Solus never found my internal SSD.

I could only install Solus to an external SSD and even that system (fully patched) could not find my internal drive.

Now I use Ubuntu Budgie, which worked right away. I hope it will work some day as Solus made a really good impression.
Have you set sata to ahci mode in the bios? (Sorry I am on mobile and I haven't read the whole thread)

schmoetz

Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:52 pm

Have you set sata to ahci mode in the bios?
Yes, it is in AHCI-Mode.

It's a MacBook Air (Mid 2013), so I don't know how to switch mode anyway ;)

brent

Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:12 am

schmoetz wrote:
GPT then ext4.

I apologize to you. I did not clarify in my haste. Of my 4 drives (3 USB and 1 external), Solus only detected the big external. So I formatted the partition ext4 and GPT. I didn't want it this way but it is what it is.

Trust me, I have formatted my three USB sticks every which way but loose, like you. Not recognized in Live install. Possibly over 40 wasted attempts and a lot of time. I have an unanswered post a few down from you with the same problem.

It's never been addressed that I could read (and I've read all the help pages) and there are a few other posts about this problem. Definitely a new phenomena with Solus Live, Used to install to USB all the time.

Solus end or our end or a mix of both or neither. I truly don't know.

Return to “Installation”